CJAM’s association account director Lisa Dalton has only been running for nine years, but there’s no doubting it has already become a major part of her life. As a member of Sudbury Joggers Running Club and a parkrun Event Director in her spare time, Lisa has clocked up hundreds of miles at running events
– not to mention the hours she spends running in her spare time.
Having previously run three marathons and (she estimates) 15 half marathons and 10 mile runs, for 2015 Lisa is taking on her biggest challenges yet.
In spite of missing the whole of January through illness, Lisa has already run two full marathons this year – Halstead in May and the Stour Valley ‘long trail’ marathon in June, which is 27.5 miles! Add to that two half marathons (Inverness and Colchester) the Tarpley 10 mile run, the Sudbury 5 mile fun run, a 10k and a duathlon with her husband on her birthday!
Looking at the events still coming up for Lisa is where it gets really impressive. Later on in June she has her first of three double marathons – she will be running two marathons in two days as part of the Great Barrow Challenge. If that isn’t enough she is following it up in August with the daunting SVP100, a 100km (or 62 mile) run over the course of one day.
September is where Lisa gets to rest from her 100k run the previous month, with a comparatively small 5k leg of a triathlon relay. The break is short-lived however, in October she will be running three marathons over two consecutive weekends. The Essex Coastal double marathon is the 10th and 11th of October then the Chelmsford Marathon (which she is running as part of Team Heart) follows after on the 18th. Two weeks after this, on the 7th and 8th of November, Lisa runs her 9th and 10th marathons: the Norfolk Coastal double.
A quick recap, that’s:
- TEN marathons (including a 62 mile run, three double marathons and a 27.5 mile run)
- TWO half marathons
- A 10 mile run, a 5 mile run and three 5k runs
In her spare time, when not training, Lisa is also learning to be a running coach, and although at the moment she has no plans to repeat ten marathons in one year next year, she has entered the ballot for London 2016. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that she gets a place.
We hope you join us in our admiration for Lisa and amazement at her achievements, and wish her well for her upcoming runs. We’ll be sure to update you with her progress throughout the year.
Lisa’s 2015 so far
- 22 February Tarpley 10 10 miles
- 8 March Inverness Half Marathon 13.1 miles
- 15 March 2 x 5km A duathlon relay Lisa participated in with her husband; she ran two 5km legs and he cycled the 20km bike leg. According to Lisa “BEST birthday ever!”
- 29 March Colchester Half Marathon 13.1 miles
- 3 April Sudbury Fun Run 5 miles Personal best
- 10 May Halstead Marathon 26.2 miles Course & marathon PB
- 7 June Stour Valley Marathon 27.5 miles Achieved a course PB by almost an hour.
- 27 & 28 June Great Barrow Challenge 2 x 26.2 miles Weekend double marathon as part of the Great Barrow 10 in 10 marathon challenge
- 15 August SVP100 100km A 100km (plus a bit) trail ultra-marathon
- 13 September 5km 5km leg of a triathlon relay
- 10 & 11 October Essex Coastal double 2 x 26.2 miles Weekend double marathon
- 18 October Chelmsford Marathon 26.2 miles With Team Heart raising funds for The Js Hospice
- 7 & 8 November Norfolk Coastal marathon 2 x 26.2 miles Weekend double marathon