What do you tell your customers in your advertising?
Do you tell them facts, figures and statements or do you build a story around your brand?
The annual Global Rep Trak 100 Study (by the Reputation Institute) reports that 85% of UK consumers mistrust or just disbelieve what you tell them in your advertising. That leaves just 15% who take your words at face value.
Those businesses who have built trust from their customer base focus their marketing on the personality of their brand, moving their focus away from the products. Meeting customers on their own territory, in the social media platforms will help to boost the way that customers perceive and how they feel about your brand.
Most important is to tell and retell compelling feel-good stories around your target audience, existing users and your potential customer base; this engages consumers and will let them feel like they’re part of your brand family.
Don’t sit on your laurels however. Not all target groups react in the same way, with different big businesses topping the best reputation charts across the globe. It comes down to knowing your market and adapting your brand messaging and how you engage with your customers.
Ask CJAM how to start talking with your customers rather than throwing messages at them and see if you feel the difference.